How to Fix or Solve [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] Error Code
Microsoft Outlook is used by most companies to send and receive emails. This email client is used by many people, not just companies. Microsoft Outlook coordinates email management programs: You can use Microsoft Outlook to organize your emails in both customer and consumer accounts. It is essential that business operations are conducted in a constant flow of communication. It’s simple to use and secure.
Outlook can sometimes cause pain because of various errors. One of the most common error faces is [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] . We will explain what the error is and how to fix it so you can continue using Microsoft Outlook.
What is [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] and Why does it Occur?
Microsoft Outlook is secured. It uses SSL and TLS security encryptions from Microsoft to send and retrieve your emails. You don’t have to know about SSL and TLS security encryptions to solve the [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] but just understand it is one of the most secure encryption.
When you try to connect to a mail server that doesn’t have SSL and TLS security you will receive [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e], this is not the only reason for receiving pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e error in your Microsoft Outlook. The “How to Solve” section will address the other reasons and provide solutions. It should be equipped with both SSL and TLS encryptions to allow you to use your Outlook mail server. It is always better to verify all parameters, such as port number, authentications, and secure connection, before connecting.
[Read more: Fix MS Outlook Error pii_email_32dbe586a362437df5b4]
How to Fix [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] Error Code?
Now that you understand why does [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] occurs probably you have got an idea of how to solve the issue. It is easy to fix the problem even if you don’t work in tech. Just follow the steps below. We will recommend one of these solutions to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Look for duplicate accounts
If Microsoft Outlook is configured by a duplicate account then you may see a pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e error. It is possible to solve this problem if it is your case. If you are not sure whether this is causing the pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e or not then just follow the steps. If your problem is solved, then you can be sure it’s a duplicate account. If not, don’t panic. We have many other solutions.
To check for duplicate accounts, follow these steps:
- Open the Control panel and change the view to “large categories”
- Next, click on Mail
- After you have clicked on mail, you’ll see a popup screen. Click on “Email accounts” to open that screen.
You will then see all email accounts in Microsoft Outlook. You can then check if there are duplicate accounts. If there is delete the duplicate account because that’s the main reason for causing [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e]. You can still delete duplicate accounts and add new accounts if you don’t find any. This could resolve the problem.
After you’ve verified that there are duplicate accounts, delete them all and create a new one. Now go back and check whether this pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e error is solved or not. Continue to the next solution if the problem persists.
Solution 2: Make sure you have SMTP set up
It’s better to check the SMTP Setup for Microsoft Outlook because 80% of the time [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] is caused by the misconfiguration in the SMTP. It’s easy to check for SMTP setup. Just follow these steps:
- Follow the steps mentioned in Solution 1 of pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e to open the “E-Mail accounts” settings where you have deleted the email account.
- Double-click on the email to click on “more setting”
- If authentication is required on the server you’re using, click “My server needs authentication”.
- Next, go to the Advanced tab. Make sure you use the correct port number. These are the ports that should be used for IMAP or SMTP.
Close the application after configuring SMTP and restart your computer. After restarting check Microsoft Outlook to check whether it is still showing [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] or not. If the problem persists, move on to the next step.
Solution 3: Use SCANPST.
You may be curious what SCANPST.exe is if you haven’t heard of it. Many Outlook users complained about many issues to Microsoft like [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] so Microsoft come up with a tool that will fix the corrupt PST files which will ultimately fix the pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e error. Follow the steps below to find out how to use SCANPST and fix the pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e error.
- Open file explorer. (My Computer)
- Go to Program Files > Microsoft Office
- Search for SCANPST.exe in the Folder and then open the application as administrator.
- Click on Browse, select the PST file you wish to repair, and then click on “Start”.
- Click on “Make Backup” to mark the option. Next, click on Browse to choose the location to save the backup file.
- Click on “Repair”.
After repairing the damaged PST files, the [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] error should be fixed. If that fails to solve the problem, we can move on to the general solution to any Windows problem. We hope that this will resolve the problem.
Solution 4: Disable the Antivirus/Windows Defender
Sometimes the firewall rules of antivirus and Windows Defender causes [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] problem. They may view outgoing emails as malware outgoing signals. If you don’t have antivirus, you can disable windows defender or antivirus to fix the problem.
It is easy to disable the Antivirus. Open the antivirus program you’re using. There should be a button that says “Disable virus protection” or “Turn Off Antivirus”. Select one of the buttons and check whether the pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e error is still showing or not.
Follow these steps to disable Windows Defender
- Start > Settings > Update and Security > Windows Security > Viral & Threat Protection > Manage settings.
- You can switch Real-time protection off.
Disabling the Antivirus or windows defender has solved pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e for most of our visitors so you should give it a try.
Solution 5: Clear the Cookies and Cache
You can try clearing the cookies and cache to solve the pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e error code. Follow these steps to do this:
- To open the Run dialogue, press Control + R on your keyboard
- Next, type “%appdata%”.
- All files in the %appdata% folder should be deleted.
After you have deleted all AppData, it is time to delete LocalAppData files. Follow these steps to do this.
- To open the Run dialogue, press Control + R on your keyboard
- Next, type “%Localappdata%”.
- After you have opened LocalAppData, close it. Delete all files in this folder.
After clearing all cookies and cache, go back to Microsoft to verify that the problem has been resolved.
Solution 6: Reinstall your outlook application
We tried every possible solution to the problem. Unfortunately, none of these solutions solved the problem. Reinstalling the outlook application is the final option. After reinstalling the application add your email account in Microsoft outlook it will surely solve the [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] issue. To reinstall the app, follow the steps below.
- Control Panel opens the program and its features
- Find Microsoft Office (Microsoft can be found in the Office package.
- Double click on Office 365
- Follow the steps on the screen
- Download the latest version of Microsoft Office to install the application again
- Add a new account to Microsoft Office.
- Check whether you can still see [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] or not.
Getting [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] while submitting the assignment or project at the deadline is surely frustrating but without a guide, you no longer have to worry about the issue. Hope the above mentioned 6 points have solved your [pii_email_47496812a9fa310b737e] error. If the error persists, please comment below with your exact steps. We will do our best to resolve it.